Moanalua Gardens Foundation (MGF) has announced that Laukanaka Ka Hula…Throngs of Hula People Gather, the 40th Anniversary celebration of the Prince Lot Hula Festival, will take place this year at Iolani Palace on Saturday, July 15 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sunday, July 16 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The festival is the largest non-competitive hula event in Hawai‘i and honors Prince Lot Kapuāiwa, who reigned as Kamehameha V from 1863 to 1872 and helped reprise hula.
Prince Lot Hula Festival XL Iolani Palace Parking Information
There will be ampla street parking and parking lots will be available at at weekend rates.
- Ali`i Place, entrance on Alakea St. – $3 all day
- Bishop Square (Tamarind Park) with entrance on Alakea St. – $5 all day
- Harbor Square on Richards Street makai of Queen St. – $5 all day
- First Hawaiian Center, entrance on Merchant St., Saturday only – $5 all day
Free Parking at:
- Saturday and Sunday – Department of Health front lot with entrance on Punchbowl Street.
- Sunday only – Department of Land and Natural Resources Kalanimoku Building with entrances
on Beretania and Punchbowl Streets.
- Sunday only – Main Post Offce Downtown at Richards and Queen Streets.
- Sunday only — On-street metered parking around Iolani Palace, except for reserved spaces on Richards and King Streets.