Volunteers have been a vital part of `Iolani Palace for over 30 years, providing services that are invaluable to our day-to-day operations. During an average month, approximately 160 volunteers help to share Iolani Palace with over 64,000 guests from around the world.
Their heartfelt, dedicated efforts play a critical role in preserving and perpetuating the palace for future generations.
- Greeters (Ambassador of Aloha) and all volunteers welcome guests and share the spirit of aloha
- Guardians (Steward) provide assistance for both docents and guests
- Gallery Hosts/Hostesses assist guests in the Palace Galleries
- Docents interpret and share the history of `Iolani Palace
- Personalized training
- Enrichment opportunities
- Invitations to volunteer parties
- Commitment of at least 4 hours per week for a 3-6 month period
- Attendance at an orientation session
- Agreement to serve with kindness, compassion humility and aloha
Seasonal Volunteers Program
‘Iolani Palace offers a seasonal volunteer program for high school, college students, and military, ages 15 and older. This program gives students/military an opportunity to volunteer in a range of different areas within the Palace, Barracks and Gift Shop and is excellent for those interested in Hawaiian studies and/or historical preservation.
Dates for the seasonal volunteer program:
Spring: March 20 – April 20
Summer: June 21 – August 26
Fall: September 20 –Nov 26
Winter: Dec 20 – Feb 20