When: December 28-30, 5:30 – 9:00 pm (last tour starting at 8:30 p.m.)
Where: Iolani Palace
During the 2018 Queen Kapiolani Evening Tours, guests can step back in time and experience the Palace in its 19th-century grandeur. As the Queen’s birthday takes place on Dec. 31, the Palace will be adorned with shimmering decorations and music will swell throughout the halls as it would at King Kalakaua’s holiday soirees. The evening tours are the only time guests can visit the Palace at night.
NOTE: NEW THIS YEAR, ALL TICKETS FOR TOURS CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED ONLINE.
General Admission Tours – Saturday, December 29 (SOLD OUT) & Sunday, December 30 (SOLD OUT):
To create an ambiance and atmosphere of court celebrations similar to those hosted during the height of the Hawaiian monarchy, entertainment will fill the rooms of the Palace.
- Blue Room – Soloists from the Mae Z. Orvis Opera Studio of the Hawaii Opera Theatre will serenade guests.
- Throne Room – Hula performances from Kuuipo Kumukahi & Dancers, Halau Hiiakainamakalehua led by Kumu Hula Keano Kaupu and Lono Padilla, Iwalani Apo, and Halau Hula Ka Noeau led by Kumu Hula Michael Pili Pang.
- Upper Hall – Puamana, Hoopono Wong, Kamakakehau Fernandez, and Walea will perform a variety of music.
- Outdoor entertainment – Performances by Ka Hula o Kealamailani led by Kumu Hula TeHani Gonzado, Halau O Napualaiikauikaiu led by Kumu Hula Sallie Yoza, and Ka Pili Mai Group.
Tours on Saturday, December 29 and Sunday, December 30 are sold out. Limited tickets remain for the VIP Tour Experience on Friday, December 28.
VIP Tour Experience – Friday, December 28:
Guests wanting a more intimate feeling can opt for the VIP experience on Friday, Dec. 28. The night will be limited to 320 guests with captivating live entertainment near the Barracks and delicious food.
- Blue Room – Christopher Yick, Founder of Hawaii Chamber Music Festival, performing 19th century and classic Hawaiian music on the piano and string music.
- Throne Room – Hula performances by Halau Ka Lehua Tuahine led by Kumu Hula Hiwa Vaughan, Halau Hiiakainamakalehua led by Kumu Hula Keano Kaupu and Lono Padilla, Iwalani Apo and Halau Hula Ka Noeau led by Kumu Hula Michael Pili Pang.
- Upper Hall – Music by Raiatea Helm
- $150 for adults
- $50 for children (5-12 years old)
- Free for 4-year-olds and under
Regular daytime tours will end at 3:00 p.m. in order to prepare for evening tours.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.