COVID-19 Measures in Place at Iolani Palace
Iolani Palace continues to welcome guests. The health and well-being of our guests, volunteers, and staff is a top priority, and we are closely monitoring the coronavirus situation. We are following the guidance of government and health authorities.
We have taken additional preventive measures to maintain a healthy environment, including installing hand sanitizers for the public at all building entrances, disinfecting audio guide headsets after each use, cleaning surfaces regularly throughout the day; and closing the Palace to tours an hour earlier for thorough cleaning.
We also strongly recommend that guests purchase scheduled timed tours online.
For confirmed group tours, cancellation fees will be waived for reservation dates through April 30, 2020.
Please consult our calendar of events for the latest updates.
To prevent the transmission of the virus, guests are reminded to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you’re sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.