E KOMO MAI – WELCOME TO IOLANI PALACE
Iolani Palace is Open for Tours
Effective September 13, 2021, proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test result will be required to visit Iolani Palace in accordance with the City & County of Honolulu Safe Access Oahu program.
Accepted proof of vaccinations (U.S. only) include:
- Hard copy of vaccination card and matching I.D.
- Photo of vaccination card and matching I.D.
- Safe Travels Hawaii application showing proof of vaccination
- Proof of approved negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of visit
- Children under age 12 are not required to show proof of vaccination or a negative test
Visit Iolani Palace with our two popular tour options: a guided tour with a Palace Docent and a Self-Led Audio Tour. Both options include a tour of the first and second floors of Iolani Palace followed by a self-guided exploration of the basement gallery exhibits. Explore more with our specialty tours, such as Hawaii's Royal Connection to Japan and Chamberlain's Tour.
How we're ensuring the health and safety of our staff and visitors, and what you can expect from your visit.
UPDATED VISITOR EXPERIENCE
The health and well-being of our visitors, volunteers, and staff is our top priority. We have modified our tours to ensure we follow social distancing measures, while we continue to provide a memorable experience for our guests.
Please note the following when preparing for your visit to Iolani Palace:
- Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours is required to visit
- Tours must be booked in advance online. Members must make reservations by emailing palace firstname.lastname@example.org. All tours will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- Facemasks or shields must be worn at all times in the Palace and Hale Koa (Barracks)
- Automated hand sanitizers are available at all entry points for guests’ convenience
- Tour sizes have been reduced and the number of guests within the Palace, Shop and Basement Gallery are limited
- Guests must abide social distancing guidelines and directional arrows placed throughout the Palace
UPDATED HEALTH AND SAFETY
While we have modified our tours to ensure we follow social distancing measures, we continue to provide a memorable experience for our guests. Our top priority is your health and safety, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your tour.
Please review the below questions. If you have answered "yes" to any of the following questions, we kindly ask you to reschedule or cancel your reservation for the safety of other guests, staff and volunteers.
- Are you experiencing a cough, and shortness of breath or sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, new loss of taste or smell, muscle pain?
- Have you experienced a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you had contact with a person confirmed to have COVID?
Please be advised that ONE purse or personal item, no larger than 12” L x 9” H x 4” W, per person, is permitted.
Reservations are required. Walk-ins are not permitted.
- Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours with accompanying I.D. must be presented upon check-in
- Pre-screening of all guests will be conducted prior to picking up tickets at the Barracks
- Face masks are required to protect guests, volunteers, and staff.
The use of face masks is required throughout the Palace, Basement Gallery, and Palace Shop. Our staff/volunteer will wear a face mask or face shield and gloves during check-in and while assisting guests.
Guests will stay at a safe 6-foot distance from each other during all points of your tour. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE.
Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
We have increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests.