E KOMO MAI – WELCOME BACK TO IOLANI PALACE
E Komo Mai! We have reopened for tours as of Friday, June 19, 2020.
During the first phase of reopening, only self-guided audio tours will available on Fridays and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Additional days will be added in future stages as additional restrictions are eased.
How we're ensuring the health and safety of our staff and visitors, and what you can expect from your visit.
UPDATED VISITOR EXPERIENCE
The health and well-being of our visitors, volunteers, and staff is our top priority and we are taking a phased approach to our re-opening. We have modified our tours to ensure we follow social distancing measures, while we continue to provide a memorable experience for our guests.
In preparation for welcoming guests back, Iolani Palace has made the following changes:
- Tours must be booked in advance online. Members must make reservations by emailing email@example.com. All tours will be available on a first come, first served basis
- Temperature checks for all guests will be conducted prior picking up tickets at Hale Koa (Barracks)
- Facemasks will be required for the Palace and Hale Koa (Barracks)
- Installed automated hand sanitizers placed at all entry points for guests’ convenience
- Reduced tour group sizes and limiting the total number of guests within the Palace, Shop, and Basement Gallery
- Placed social distancing markers and directional arrow throughout the Palace, Hale Koa (Barracks), and Basement Galleries to allow for proper flow and social distancing measures
- Increased frequency of cleaning high-touch and high-traffic areas, including door handles, hand railings, chairs, and restrooms
Audio Tour Pricing: Kamaaina and Military
Just in time for the summer months, now is an ideal time for kamaaina and their ohana to visit the Palace! We are offering great pricing for kamaaina and active military families.
Audio Tour Pricing: Kamaaina and Military*
- Adults: $11.95
- Keiki ages 5 to 12: $4.95
- Keiki 4-years-old and younger: Free
*With a Hawaii state ID, Hawaii driver’s license, or Active Military ID.
We invite you to rediscover an important chapter of Hawaii’s history and to learn more about the Hawaiian Kingdom, the monarchs who ruled from Iolani Palace, and the events that shaped today’s Hawaii.