E KOMO MAI – WELCOME BACK TO IOLANI PALACE
How we're ensuring the health and safety of our staff and visitors, and what you can expect from your visit.
UPDATED VISITOR EXPERIENCE
The health and well-being of our visitors, volunteers, and staff is our top priority and we are taking a phased approach to our re-opening. We have modified our tours to ensure we follow social distancing measures, while we continue to provide a memorable experience for our guests.
In preparation for welcoming guests back, Iolani Palace has made the following changes:
- Tours must be booked in advance online. Members must make reservations by emailing email@example.com. All tours will be available on a first come, first served basis
- Temperature checks for all guests will be conducted prior picking up tickets at Hale Koa (Barracks)
- Facemasks will be required for the Palace and Hale Koa (Barracks)
- Installed automated hand sanitizers placed at all entry points for guests’ convenience
- Reduced tour group sizes and limiting the total number of guests within the Palace, Shop, and Basement Gallery
- Placed social distancing markers and directional arrow throughout the Palace, Hale Koa (Barracks), and Basement Galleries to allow for proper flow and social distancing measures
- Increased frequency of cleaning high-touch and high-traffic areas, including door handles, hand railings, chairs, and restrooms
TOUR PRICING: KAMAAINA SPECIALS
Audio Tour Pricing: Kamaaina and Military*
- Adults: $11.95
- Keiki ages 5 to 12: $4.95
- Keiki 4-years-old and younger: Free
Docent-Led Tour Pricing: Kamaaina and Military*
- Adults: $19.95
*With a Hawaii state ID, Hawaii driver’s license, or Active Military ID.
We invite you to rediscover an important chapter of Hawaii’s history and to learn more about the Hawaiian Kingdom, the monarchs who ruled from Iolani Palace, and the events that shaped today’s Hawaii.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
While we have modified our tours to ensure we follow social distancing measures, we continue to provide a memorable experience for our guests. Our top priority is your health and safety, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your tour.
We have increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests.
Guests will stay at a safe 6-foot distance from each other during all points of your tour. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE.
Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
The use of face masks is required throughout the Palace, Basement Gallery, and Palace Shop. Our staff/volunteer will wear a face mask or face shield and gloves during check-in and while assisting guests.
Please review the below questions. If you have answered "yes" to any of the following questions, we kindly ask you to reschedule or cancel your reservation for the safety of other guests, staff and volunteers.
- Are you experiencing a cough, and shortness of breath or sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, new loss of taste or smell, muscle pain?
- Have you experienced a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled domestically (off-island) or internationally in the last 14 days?
- Have you had contact with a person confirmed to have COVID?
Please be advised that ONE purse or personal item, no larger than 12” L x 9” H x 4” W, per person, is permitted.
Reservations are required. Walk-ins are not permitted.
- Temperature checks and pre-screening for all guests will be conducted prior to picking up tickets at the Barracks.
- Masks are required to protect yourself and others. If you don’t have a mask you may purchase one for $1.