Led by volunteer docents, visitors learn about the Palace’s history from its completion in 1882 to the overthrow of the Hawaiian monarchy in 1893. Guests hear stories about the furnishings and Royal residents as they are led through the first floor staterooms and second floor private quarters. The tour concludes with a self-guided tour of the basement Galleries.
Children (ages 5-12): $6
Children* (ages 0-4): free
Groups** (10 or more): $16.75 per guest
* Admission is free for children five and under. They must be front-held in an infant/child carrier worn by an adult or safely strapped in a stroller at all times. Strollers are provided by Iolani Palace at no charge, as personal strollers are not permitted inside the Palace. Should a child behave in a manner that is disruptive to other visitors, Palace personnel will ask that the child be taken outside.
**Four weeks advance notice required for groups of 10 or more.
Friday, Saturday: 9am-11:15am
Tours begin every 15 minutes and reservations are highly recommended.
Language specific tours are subject to docent availability and are available in the following languages:
- Japanese – Language tours are given on Mondays and Fridays at 11:30 a.m.
- Mandarin Chinese – Language tours may be pre-arranged with at least one-week advanced notice
- American Sign Language – Language tours may be pre-arranged with at least one week advanced notice
Terms & Conditions
- Admission is free for members of the Friends of Iolani Palace. Not a member? Join now!
- Japanese language Guided Tours are offered Monday and Friday at 11:30am, subject to docent availability.
- The Palace encourages educators to bring their students on tour. Special school tours and group rates are available with advanced reservations.