KAMAʻĀINA SUNDAYS PRESENTED BY AMERICAN SAVINGS BANK
April 2, 2023 | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
After a more than three-year hiatus, Kamaʻāina Sundays have returned. The monthly event, sponsored by American Savings Bank, will include free tours for local residents, entertainment, family-friendly activities, and ‘ono food options to enjoy.
The April 2 Kamaʻāina Sunday theme will center around the theme ʻAʻa I Ka Hula (Dare to Dance) as it is just one week before the annual Merrie Monarch Festival begins. This free event will include performances by Nā Hōkū Hanohano award-winning musician Kawika Kahiapo and Merrie Monarch award winners, Hālau Nā Mamo O Puʻuanahulu with Kumu Hula Sonny Ching.
Food vendors will include Aloha Donut, Cafe Julia, Time to Grind, Island Popper, Hula Grill, Sweet Revenge, and Sage Creamery.
Free tours will be available to the first 500 guests (limit 4 tickets per adult) on a first-come, first-served basis. Kamaʻāina are encouraged to come early!
PLAN YOUR VISIT
- Gates to ‘Iolani Palace will open at 8:30 a.m. on Kamaʻāina Sundays with activities and tours from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Self-led audio tours will be available on a first-come, first-served basis (500 total tickets available); 4 tickets per adult
- Guests will visit the first and second floors of Iolani Palace, which includes the staterooms and private quarters of the royal monarchs. The tour concludes with a self-guided exploration of the basement gallery exhibits showcasing the royal collections, restored Kitchen, and Chamberlain’s Office.
- A valid Hawaii State ID, Hawai’i driver’s license, or proof of Hawai’i residency is required to receive complimentary tickets. Manuahi (free) tickets are limited to four per adult. Visitors may purchase tickets at the regular price.
- Nearby parking is available at Ali’i Place (8 a.m. to 4 p.m). Free parking is available at the Civic Center Municipal Parking Garage (entrance on S. Beretania Street) and metered street parking is also free. No parking will be allowed on ʻIolani Palace grounds.
The following dates for Kamaʻāina Sundays in 2023 are:
- April 2
- May 7
- June 11
- July 9
- August 13