Royal Legacy Tour
This unique tour includes a personal greeting from the Iolani Palace Director of Guest Services, a private tour of the Palace, and behind the scenes experience. This exclusive opportunity brings to life the time of Hawaii’s monarchy and the Palace as a marvel of opulence, innovation, and political intrigue. This National Historic Landmark in downtown Honolulu tells of a time when their Majesties, King Kalakaua, who built it in 1882, and his sister and successor, Queen Liliuokalani, walked its celebrated halls.
Guests will experience an extraordinary tour of Iolani Palace led by the Palace Historian and going beyond the stanchions of the State Dining room, King’s Library, King’s bedroom and Throne Room allowing a closer look at many precious artifacts. During this private and intimate tour, visitors will hear stories of the monarchs and learn of their distinguished place in Hawaii’s history, as well as their impact on the world.
The tour concludes at the Palace Galleries, where guests can view beautiful jewels and other treasures from the Royal Collection, and visit the exhibit describing the meticulous restoration of the Palace and the continuing efforts to protect and preserve it for future generations.
- An intimate group of 1 to 4 guests
- A complimentary parking space on the Palace grounds
- A private, tour of Iolani Palace and Palace Galleries
- A gift bag with palace souvenir and one year of membership with The Friends of Iolani Palace
- A 10% discount in the Palace Shop
- Ability to view the video presentation of "A King's Noble Vision"
- This tour experience lasting approximately 90 minutes
Cost: $550. Tour arranged by appointment only. Please call (808) 522-0832 to make a reservation. This tour is recommended for children ages 5+.